How to Clean Up After a Sewage Backup
Sewage backups are a disgusting and potentially hazardous problem. If you've ever experienced one, you know how quickly the mess can spread and how difficult it can be to clean up.
If you're faced with a sewage backup, it's important to act quickly to prevent further damage. Here are some tips on how to clean up after a sewage backup:
- Turn off the water supply. This will help to prevent the sewage from spreading further.
- Wear gloves and a mask to protect yourself from exposure to bacteria and other contaminants.
- Remove as much of the sewage as possible with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Clean the affected area with a mixture of one part bleach to ten parts water.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water.
- Dispose of any contaminated materials properly.
If the sewage backup is extensive, it may be necessary to call a professional restoration company. SERVPRO of University, SE Orlando is located right near I-4 near downtown Orlando for the quickest arrival times. Our team of experienced technicians will be able to clean up the mess and restore your home or business to its preloss condition.
Contact us today at (407) 954-8520 to learn more about our sewage backup cleaning services.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning up after a sewage backup:
- Open all the windows and doors to ventilate the area.
- Use fans to help dry the area.
- If there is any mold or mildew, treat it with a commercial mold remover.
- Dispose of all contaminated materials in sealed bags or containers.
By following these tips, you can clean up after a sewage backup and prevent further damage to your home or business.